This is one thing almost all of us have at some point or other and almost always throw in the bin. I’m talking about the humble ice-cream stick, that is important as long as the ice-cream is around, but discarded the moment it’s finished.
I found this super easy, beautiful and very useful craft idea online and immediately wanted to share it with you all. Do have a look, and if you create something similar, share with us as well:)
Here’s the original video that shows the steps on how to make a stunning earring holder with used ice-cream sticks.
You Will Need
- Used ice-cream sticks
- Poster paints and a brush
- Hot glue
How To Make
- Start by painting the ice-cream sticks in a dark shade in a colour of your choice.
- To create a stunning ombre effect, colour the sticks in a darker shade first and then keep going towards the lighter shades. Set them aside to dry completely.
- Take two sticks and place them at a distance so that one stick can come horizontally between them. Glue at both ends. Leave a little space in between and add more sticks till the end.
- Make sure you have at least four coloured sticks left. You will use them to create the stand frame.
- Use glue to make the frame and hold it in place – check the steps in the video.
- Let it stand aside for an hour or so to let the glue dry out completely. Now use it on your dressing table or vanity to hold your earrings in a colourful and beautiful way.
Image source: Pixabay