All of us who have kids in the house know that no matter how hard you try, there is always so much waste that gets created. If your kids have started school, one of the most common waste will be pencil waste, or pencil shavings. In fact, younger kids also love sharpening their pencils over and over again, just to create those beautiful flower-shaped designs. Instead of throwing those away, here is a super easy and very beautiful DIY craft tutorial that your kids can try to make a card out of pencil waste.
- A small sheet of card paper folded into a card shape
- Pencil sharpened waste
- Sketch pens
- Water colours and a paint brush
- A pair of scissors
- Make a small dot on the front part of the card. Now using the glue, make a few glue spots around the dot.
- Paste the pencil waste on these glue spots, covering up the glue, to give the look of a flower.
- Use the sketch pen to make the stem and leaves and add colour as needed.
- You can make any type of design you wish by placing the pencil shaving accordingly on the card.
Use materials from old cards, such as wedding or birthday card invites, to decorate the card.
Here’s the video guide for the same
Video source: YouTube channel Sefra Correa
Image source: Pixabay