I can safely say that most of us are guilty of this one – buying more than we need and getting tempted at sales and other such promotional events. Cute, beautiful, colourful and interesting things are always fun to pick up and bring home, even though we may not need it. I’ve been guilty of it a lot, and if you feel that you also buy things even when you may not need them, then creating a capsule wardrobe could be a great idea.
The idea of a capsule wardrobe is that you only buy some essentials for your wardrobe, but in a smart way that will allow you to mix and match items. So, even if you do not have a lot of clothes and accessories, you can create a lot of different looks with the few that you have – a great way to save money, save on space, and also save wastage!
How To Create A Versatile Capsule Wardrobe
Check out this video to get a basic idea on how you can create a modern Indian-styled capsule wardrobe. Also, do note that we are not endorsing any of the brands, nor are we being sponsored for the post.
You can also have a look at another very interesting video here to mostly check out the styling ideas.
- A white or black shirt – a denim shirt is also very in these days
- Fitted denims
- A pair of black heels
- A pair of flats – maybe a strappy sandal in neutral colours
- A knee-length fitted dress in a single colour
- A statement neck piece
- A black singlet, or vest type of piece that you can style in various ways
- A pair of black leggings that you can easily pair with your Indian kurti or a long top
- A nice shrug or jacket that you can team with Indian as well as western wear
- A nice fitted skirt
In addition to the above items, you should definitely also have a nice bag that you can pair with most of your outfits 🙂
Image source: Pexels