Most Indian households end up having one or two extra chapatis left over at the end of a meal. In most cases, we either tend to throw it away, or just keep it in the fridge, only to throw it away in the morning (as they turn hard).
What if you could try and use it in a recipe that is actually extremely delicious? Check out the steps below.
- Thinly sliced onions
- Finely chopped or crushed garlic
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 sliced capsicum and carrot
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp black salt – optional
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala or sabzi masala
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh chopped coriander leaves
- Leftover chapatis broken up into thin slices
How To Prepare:
- Heat some butter in a pan and sauté the garlic, onions, carrots and capsicum.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till it turns soft.
- Add the turmeric powder and the chilli powder and cook some more till it all mixes well.
- Next, add the black salt and the masala (pav bhaji or sabzi) and mix with the salt. Cook for some more time.
- Now add the chapatis and toss it well in the spices. Let it coat properly and you can also cook it a little extra to make it a little crispy.
- Once done, take it off the pan and garnish with the coriander.
Delicious right? We’re already hungry. See you at your next free break planet saverz 🙂
And hey, if you have ever tried to make any recipe out of leftovers, write in to us now!
Image source: Pixabay