In this series of stories, I’ll share very simple recipe ideas that you can make at home using food that you have left over from any previous meal. For instance, if you have leftover chapatis, you could make a delicious chapati noodle dish using the same.
For today, the recipe needs any form of leftover cooked chicken that you may have from any earlier meal. Also, feel free to add or change ingredients as per your preference, and use the quantity as suits your needs.
- Leftover cooked chicken (even chicken pieces from curry is fine)
- Chopped vegetables such as carrots, spring onion, capsicum
- 1 beaten egg
- Peas and sweet corn
- Cooked rice
- Soya sauce
- Ground ginger
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How To Prepare:
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the vegetables. Sauté and add the chicken pieces and keep cooking till everything is nice and crunchy.
- Take the vegetables and chicken out of the pan and keep in a bowl. Add a little more butter and use the eggs to make a scramble. Once the eggs have set, add the vegetables and the chicken and mix well.
- Next, add the rice, peas, corn, soya sauce and ginger. Cook for about ten minutes and remove from heat.
There, it’s simple and delicious and at the same time will let you re-use your leftover chicken and ensure you present it in a new avatar. If you have any such ideas or recipes that you’ve tried, do send me the images and some recipe suggestion and I’ll share it with all our readers.
Image source: Pixabay