Continuing with our leftover recipe stories, just wanted to say that it’s giving me a lot of good use with foods that are extra for the day and end up being stored in the fridge. And must say, the recipes we are trying out are easy, delicious and fun to recreate (my elder one loves cooking so it’s all the more fun).
For today, I’m sharing a recipe that involves using stale bread, and if you have a lot of stale bread at home, do check out some more leftover bread recipes.
- 2 tbsp. of butter or olive oil
- 2 cups of milk
- 6 cups of white bread – cut into chunks
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms – optional
- 2 ounces grated cheese
- Salt and fresh black pepper to taste
How To Make
- Grease a baking dish with butter or oil and add the bread.
- Mix all the other ingredients, except the mushroom, and add over the bread.
- Put down a heavy oven-proof plate over the bread and heat the oven at 350 degrees.
- In a pan, heat some butter or oil and sauté the mushrooms till they turn tender.
- Remove the plate from the bread, add the mushrooms and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with any sauce of choice.
Recipe source: Diners Journal
Image source: Pixabay