It may seem that plastic was specifically made to make our lives easier, especially in these busy times. But there are actually some really scary and not so healthy truths related to plastic that could shock you into not using them.
Want to know what we found out? Let’s take a read together.
- Most plastic products contain BPA (bisphenol A), which can easily mix with your food or drinks. BPA exposure can lead to high blood pressure, risk to the brain, developmental issues in infants and young children, ejaculation issues, lack of sexual desire, impotency, poor memory, depression, higher risk of breast cancer and asthma, amongst more serious health issues. 
- It is true that manufacturers are removing BPA from their plastic products, and BPS (Bisphenol S) and BPF (Bisphenol F) are two of the most common chemicals that are being used to replace BPA. However, the fact is that these two chemicals are equally harmful.
- BPS can actually disrupt your endocrine levels, which can activate the proteins that cause cell mutation, and as a result damage your gene buildup. These chemicals can lead to obesity, deformity in genitals, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), heart and liver issues and more. 
- Did you know that plastic is also indirectly responsible for making you fat? Yes you read that right. Each time you reach out for those packaged foods and instant meals at the store that are wrapped in plastic containers, or the preservative and sugar laden beverages that come in plastic bottles, you’re gifting your body nothing but unhealthy and junk food, which in turn will make you fat.
- If you’ve ever used sex toys, you probably want to rethink buying a new one after what we have to tell you (no, we certainly won’t tell you to stop using the toys, but maybe just change some). Did you know that most of the sex toys that are made of plastic use really cheap quality material, as it is assumed the ‘toys’ will not be used as much as ‘regular’ plastic products? Try using silicone based ones instead.
- Most of the bottled water that you pay exorbitantly for is actually tap water (in places where tap water is suitable for drinking) or regular filtered water (the type you have at home.) What you actually pay a fortune for is the name of the brand on the bottle. Instead of paying so much for water in a plastic bottle each time that you move out of the house, see if it is possible to carry water from home. Not to mention it will also reduce the number of bottles used and thrown away as garbage.
Of course we cannot completely give up on using plastic in a day, but a little can go a long way. And if you’re wondering just how you can cut down on your plastic usage (thanks if you’re thinking of doing that!), read our super easy list.
Image source: Pixabay.com
You may like to read: