While you’re out on vacation, trying to follow eco-friendly tips may feel a bit difficult. However, there are a few easy ways in which you can still follow your green living routine, causing less harm to the environment and save a good amount of money too!
Products You Can Carry For An Eco-Friendly Vacation
1. Eco-Friendly Skin And Hair Care – There are a host of brands that make eco-friendly skin and hair products, catering to your various wellness needs. From soaps, to body lotions, moisturizers, creams, shampoos, travel pillows, serums and more, the products are easy on the pocket and perfect for your relaxing vacation needs. Try and buy travel sized products that you can refill and reuse in later trips.
2. Eco-Friendly Nappy Inserts – If you’re traveling with kids, carry a few packs of eco-friendly nappy inserts that you can easily wash and dry overnight. Not only will you save a lot of money by not buying diapers (especially if you’re traveling abroad), you’ll also avoid lugging additional weight, avoid creating more waste, and will also prevent diaper rashes.
3. Eco-Friendly Travel Bags – There are loads of eco-friendly luggage options available online (including Amazon, Shop Clues, Snap Deal and more) that are perfect for all your travel needs. These bags are cheaper and look really quirky and fun. Also, they will add that dash of colour and appeal to your already green vacation.
4. Stainless Steel Travel Bottle – While traveling, we end up buying a number of water bottles at the airport, train station or even inside the flight. Instead of spending so much on the bottles that will also add to the waste you create, you could invest in a travel sized bottle, preferably made of stainless steel. You can fill the bottle from home or at your hotel, and also at the airport water filter. If you need to refill the bottle inside the aircraft, you can ask the crew to do so, without taking another plastic bottle.
5. A Bunch Of Handkerchiefs – Instead of using wipes and tissues, why not try using handkerchiefs? These are reusable, cost much less, and will not add any more waste. You can use these through the day and wash them at night, so that they are fresh and ready to use in the morning.
There are a number of ways we can travel in a more eco-conscious way, without creating too much waste, and in the bargain, saving ourselves a good amount of money too. These were some of the most basic tips, which are easy to follow and won’t require you to make a massive change in your lifestyle.
You know we’re always up for more green ideas, so I’d love to hear your tips to make travel time more eco-friendly.
Image source: Pixabay